Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bus Report #321

Last night I caught a 38 Geary downtown and got a window seat near the back.
The bus filled up quickly, so that by the time we hit Union Square the bus was packed.
Our driver decided to start skipping stops, but he would stop in the middle of the block to let people out.
He stopped the bus between Stockton and Powell to let passengers out.
Through the window, I saw a woman try to get out the middle door.
Something happened and she ended up falling, so that she was flat on her face on the concrete.
Everyone who saw it gave a sharp gasp.
She slowly stood up and gathered her purse and her shopping bags.
No one on the sidewalk approached her to help her, and the bus just kept going.
I managed to catch a glimpse of her as we passed: I think her long pants and tall spiky heels were the cause of her fall.
I hope she was okay.


At Van Ness, a woman got on and sat next to me. She had a big bag that was digging into my arm, so I sort of shoved it away.
I wasn't really paying attention to her, until I noticed she was talking to someone.
The someone was a small dog she had in the tote bag.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to be nice to small dogs! One of our favorite family members is a small dog.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I don't mind small dogs I know... just small dogs I DON'T know.
And the crazy people who bring them on the bus!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home