Friday, April 11, 2008

Bus Report #314

I don't know how other people get ready to face the day, but I generally start with a shower, brushing my teeth, you know, basic personal hygiene.
Apparently my fellow commuters (today, at least) don't do the same thing.
Exhibit A: Neighborhood crazy man clipping his nails on the 38, right across from me.
Exhibit B: Woman next to nail clipper, lotioning her chin (and only her chin) with a huge dollop of sickly sweet, flowery lotion.
Exhibit C: On the 22, I had the guy who always smells funky sitting in front of me, and no surprise, he smelled funky.
Exhibit D: The three people who took turns sitting next to me on the 22 had horrible, alarming, disgusting breath.
Exhibit E: The Puerto Rico guy and his toothless buddy sat behind me, reeking of sour beer, old chicory-smelling, stale cigarette smoke and sweat.

Yuck.
Thankfully, Potrero Hill smells good, fresh and summery today, with a hint of fresh brewed Anchor Steam beer.
So glad to be off the bus.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ew! So gross. I'm not sure which character is the worst. Maybe the nail clipper?

Also! I did receive the Toy Boat certificate. Thanks Rachel!

I will definitely be utilizing it this weekend. Toy Boat and 80 degree weather-perfection!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Glad you got the certificate!
I think the nail clipper is the worst because those things can really fly if you aren't careful about it... I always worry they are going to hit me, yuck!

10:10 AM  
Blogger tangobaby said...

I found you through the N-Judah Chronicles and now am enjoying your writing and at the same time being very glad I am taking the N instead of the bus to work.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

thanks for reading, tangobaby! Hope your Ns are on time and empty!

11:37 AM  
Blogger tangobaby said...

LOL!

From your keyboard to the Muni God's ears. I wish...

May your bus be clean of nail clippings and full of charming, good looking people who are nice to you. (That is just crazy.)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home