Friday, May 09, 2008

Bus Report #323

On the 10 Townsend after work:
The woman sitting in front of me was knitting something on 3 double-sided needles. I've never been able to figure out how to do that, I prefer 'magic loop knitting', mostly because it sounds cool, is easy, and is actually a method and not just the lazy way I knit hats.
At the roundabout a car was stalled in the bus lane. A man was pouring gas into the tank from a small red container, and the gas was just running right through it onto the pavement. Not a good end to his day, I am sure.

And then, the 38L:
The 38L I took from downtown was packed.
The driver was funny. She kept getting on the PA system and saying, "Please watch your backpacks, purses, ipods, cellphones and other personal belongings. There might be pickpockets on this coach."
I loved it. I kept picturing tiny Oliver Twists and Artful Dodgers working the crowd.

Not an hour later, the 1 California:
Went out to meet up with ST in North Beach, and I figured the 1 to Kearny would be my best and fastest route.
Not so much.
My 1 California kicked us all out at Presidio and left us to wait for another bus.
There were a lot of cops outside the JCC, which I later realized was probably because it was the anniversary of the founding of Israel. No trouble as far as I could see, which was good.
The 1 California never came, so...

The journey continued, on the 2 Clement:
Oh, the 2 Clement. A joy of a bus when you are not trying to get anywhere. When you are trying to get somewhere, it is a torture.
Every 10 feet, or so it seemed, the bus stopped.
I kept my cool, though, listened to the drunk girls in the back of the bus talk about a party they were going to, watched the people in front of me stare at their San Francisco tourist map.
I hopped out at the Kearny-Montgomery stop.

I was still early for my meet up, so I guess I can't complain, but we all know I will anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

What a fun blog you have, Rachel. In yet another procrastination moment, I'd Googled for info on MUNI to do some "research" and you came up. :-) As one who lives in SF, I found your entries quite amusing. Thanks for the chuckles!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for reading, Rachelle! I don't know how fair it is for this blog to show up when people want MUNI info... But I guess I provide SOME MUNI info... if not what MUNI would want people to find...

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home