Friday, May 16, 2008

Bus Report #325

I was not spared in any way on yesterday's Spare the Air Day.

I left work to go wait for the 10 Townsend, aiming to arrive right before the first bus left, or else right before the second bus left, whichever happened first.
At the stop there was a small patch of shade near the bus shelter so I stood in it to wait.
For 20 minutes.
Neither bus was moving.
More people came, kids waiting for the 22, a couple people who were waiting for the 19, all the sewing ladies from Jessica McLintock.
Still no bus.
Everyone wanted to be in the shade, so there were maybe 8 people standing in a 5 feet by 2 feet space.
It was hot.
Finally, the second bus came, while the first one stayed put.
We got on and I immediately started opening the windows closest to where I was sitting.

I thought that would be the end of any 10 Townsend trauma/drama, but no.
It took us 15 minutes to get to 2nd Street, the bus filling before Caltrain, emptying, and then filling up again.
The traffic on 2nd was crawling.
another 15 minutes an we got to Folsom and 2nd, but the cars weren't letting us in so we couldn't turn onto Folsom.
We spent another 10 minutes just sitting there, while our usually-sweet driver yelled at the cars to move and yelled at people to stop crossing in front of her while she was trying to pull in to the intersection.
We got to Market street at 5:45 PM, significantly later than usual.
As I waited for a 38, three more 10s drove by.
Typical.
Thanks, MUNI.
Making a hot day just that much more trying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh, wretched.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It really was!
I'll admit I felt a LITTLE bad for the driver of my 10, she was a replacement driver, but still.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home