Friday, June 06, 2008

Bus Report #342

Smooth and quiet bus ride this morning.
The 22 was almost empty.
The catfish face man sat two rows ahead of me, the brother and sister who go to Mission and Everett sat in the front of the bus and the little tiny 9th grader sat in the back with his skateboard.
A youngish guy sat by the back door.
He had a fresh tattoo on his wrist and he rubbed bacitracin into it.
Then he reached into his bag and pulled out his knitting.
He was working on a beautiful, thick scarf in cornflower blue yarn. He had metallic blue straight needles but I couldn't see what size they were.
His bag overflowed with yarn.
He knit fast, in a different style than the way I knit. A better method, I thought, suddenly feeling like the worst knitter ever.
Then I perked up, remembering how easy it is for me to magic loop knit, when other people find it hard.
He got out at Market and Church.

3 Comments:

Blogger A said...

This blog is rad. I found it in a list of SF blogs a PR company had. Upon reading the title I expected it to be self absorbed, but it's the opposite. True slice of life observances.... I just spent a hell of a lot more time reading about random people on a bus than I should have.

FYI, my friends are doing this renewable energy competition. It doesn't have any cooky characters or busses, but well, it helps the environment just like public transport? stretch...

Anyway, it's www.1bog.org. Check it out.... one block off the grid.

And don't take any guff from any rowdy munizens

2:35 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for reading, Don!

3:10 PM  
Blogger SFMuni Lady02 said...

Hey Rachel - we enjoy reading your blog. With muni ridership up, we thought it was time to share a few 'rules of the road' via www.munimanners.com Check us out...we've got loads of etiquette to share...even one to address your ride featured in #339. Let us know if you want to link.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home