Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bus Report #490

Last night I took a 10 Townsend downtown and decided to switch to the 2 Clement instead of my usual 38L. I got out at the corner of Sansome and Sutter and waited for the bus with a herd of suits.
I managed to get a seat near the back, next to a very large-assed woman who took up almost half of my seat. I had to sit with my arms slack in front of me, that's how tight a squeeze it was. The whole ride, it felt like her legs were trying to burrow into mine. It made me feel a little sick.
Still, it was a seat on a crowded bus and I wasn't going to give it up easily.

A woman got on and hobbled towards the back of the bus. Her leg was in an immobilizer. I asked her if she wanted to sit down.
"Thanks, but I'd have to keep my leg stretched out so I'd end up tripping people," she said.
"That would be funny, but bad," I replied.
My seatmates got out at Laguna (thank goodness, thank goodness, I could breathe again and move my arms!) and I saw that they were young, High School or College kids, not quite sure where they needed to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home